The Value of a Clean Hot Tub Cover
Have you cleaned your hot tub cover recently? We all forget to do it, but having a clean hot tub cover needs to be a high priority. Covers are not cheap, so taking care of yours is kind of a big deal. If you let your hot tub cover slide on regular cleaning it’s going to grow mold and mildew, essentially throwing your money down the drain. The absolute worst part of having a hot tub cover growing mildew? The smell. It doesn’t matter what you put into your hot tub, your hot tub is going to have a essence of mildew which puts a dampener on the whole effect. No one wants to get into a smelling hot tub, so here are some cleaning tips.
Tips on cleaning your hot tub cover:
- Take the hot tub cover off the hot tub and move it to a place you can clean it. Make sure to check for debris, rocks, and other material that could damage your hot tub.
- Spray down your cover to remove any dirt, residue, or debris on it
- Get a vinyl safe cleaning solution or hot tub cover specific solution to clean the exterior and of your cover. If you need these items you can come down to Viscount Pool and Spa and we can help you select the cleaner that is right for you
- Don’t forget to clean in between the flaps of your cover!
- Rise off the interior (underside) of your Hot tub cover and if you are having issues with mold and mildew you can clean it with a mixture of 90% water 10% bleach
- Let it dry out a bit
Make sure that you repeat this every 90 days for the best result.
Remember if you need any help with your hot tub maintenance and repair we here at Viscount Pool and Spa can help. We want you to enjoy your hot tub experience to it’s fullest, so let us assist in that experience. We will point you in the right direction you need to go for any hot tub issues.
So take some time every so often to clean your hot tub cover, trust us, you won’t regret it.